Derisk (UK) Ltd have a longstanding relationship with Hill Partnership Ltd and have worked on numerous schemes for them as Principal Designer, Principal Designer Advisor or CDM Advisor to assist with Principal Designer duties and provide appropriate Construction Design Management (CDM) advice. The schemes have varied in tenure numbers and have been located throughout the UK in areas such as Tidworth, Oxford and London.
One of the schemes we were appointed to is located in the London Borough of Brent, which comprised of the demolition of the existing structure, and then the construction of 178 units split amongst 5 separate blocks, all for private sale.We worked closely with the Client, Hill Partnership Ltd, and their design team to ensure that risk management was being properly implemented, and regulation 9 (CDM 2015) duties were being discharged.
Our scope of works on this scheme includes the following duties:
• Planning, managing and monitoring the pre-construction phase.
• Ensuring that where reasonably practicable, risks are eliminated or con trolled through design work. We monitored and organised design risk work shops at agreed project work stages.
• Produced a coordinated design risk register showing identified risks.
• Carried out design reviews throughout the Construction Phase and focused workshops on selected packages to ensure that design risk management continued throughout the construction phase.
• Ensured cooperation and coordination through a pre-planned design phase including all design disciplines.
• Ensured designers comply with Contractor duties and ensuring that design risk workshops address all design disciplines, ensuring that each party are fully identifying and eliminating the risks arising from their design.
• Assisted the Client in preparing the Pre-Construction Information Pack; and preparing the Health and Safety File.