primary principal designer and Health & Safety advisor (4-5 year framework)
£ in excess of 100 million across several dozen projects
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC)
Derisk were appointed as primary principal designer and health & safety advisor to RBKC for the construction works carried out by the Major Capital Works team. Council assets undergoing works range from single residential properties and supported and residential housing to whole estates and tower blocks.
Notable projects to date include:
Trellick Tower — installation of new wet riser system
Dry Riser installation programme to 38 blocks across the borough Henry Dickens Court estate — external refurbishment, re-roofing and communal area lighting upgrades
Swinbrook Road estate — external refurbishment, re-roofing and to common areas.
Construction works comprised repairs and decorations to the external fabric of buildings, internal communal and estate areas, including window, door and roof repairs or replacement.
Engineering works undertaken by the M&E Team to date include CCTV installations, wet and dry riser installations and upgrades, fire alarm installations, warden call system installation and sprinkler upgrades.
Derisk deliver a variety of services as principal designer and client CDM advisor. Many of our CDM advisor services are delivered for no additional charge, affording RBKC much added benefit from the competent health & safety services provided.
Our roles included:
- delivering CDM training sessions to the project management team planning, managing and monitoring the pre-construction phase
- ensuring that, where reasonably practicable, risks were eliminated or controlled through design work. We monitor and organise design risk workshops at agreed project work stages
- producing a coordinated design risk register showing identified risks throughout the construction phase
- carrying out design reviews and focused workshops on selected packages to ensure that design risk management continues throughout the construction phase
- ensuring cooperation and coordination through a pre-planned design phase including all design disciplines
- ensuring designers comply with their duties and that design risk workshops address all design disciplines
- ensuring that all parties fully identified and eliminated risks arising from their designs assisted the client in preparing the pre-construction information pack and the Health and Safety file
- reviewing and commenting on contractor’s RAMS and construction phase plans
- reviewing welfare proposals to ensure compliance with schedule 2, CDM 2015
- undertaking competency checks on designers and contractors issuing and updating F10 notifications.