Construction Design Management
We offer a comprehensive range of ‘compliance and risk management’ consultancy services, including the provision of Construction Design Management (CDM) Consultancy Principal Designer. Our extensive experience is gathered from projects within housing, retail, industrial, rail, commercial, health and education, community, leisure, infrastructure and civil engineering.
This breadth of experience enables us to provide proportionate and knowledgeable CDM advice and solutions to ensure our Clients remain compliant with legislation. We actively participate throughout the design process, in addition to being available to advise whilst works are being carried out on site.
We offer the following services for Construction Design Management for our Clients:
- Principal Designer (PD) and Advisor (PDA) Service.
- Client CDM Advisor.
- Risk assessments and method statements (RAMS).
- Construction safety management systems.
- CDM training to all duty holders inc. control of contractor.
- Health and safety risk management.
- Safety auditing and site inspections.
- Project safety management support and secondment.
- Construction Phase Plans & Construction Management Plans.
- High level compliance reviews / audits.
Principal Designer Services
The Principal Designer services offered by Derisk are set out in accordance with regulations and to improve the health and safety record on construction sites. The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) require all parties involved in a construction project to take responsibility for health and safety standards.
The Principal Designer is an appointment which the Client must make where there are more than 2 contractors working on site at any one time, to ensure that health and safety and design risk management is coordinated during the design and planning phases of any project. The role of the Principal Designer is to provide the Client with a key project advisor in respect of health and safety risk management matters.
As the appointed Principal Designer Derisk will ensure the following legal duties are completed:
- Plan, manage and monitor the pre-construction phase and coordinate matters relating to health and safety during the pre-construction phase to ensure that, so far as is reasonably practicable, the project is carried out without risks to health or safety.
- Take into account the general principles of prevention and, where relevant, the content of any construction phase plan and health and safety file.
- Identify and eliminate or control, so far as reasonably practicable, foreseeable risks to the health or safety of any person;
(1) Carrying out or liable to be affected by construction work
(2) Maintaining or cleaning a structure or
(3) Using a structure designed as a workplace
- Ensure that all persons working in relation to the pre-construction phase cooperate with the Client, the Principal Designer and each other.
- Assist the Client in the provision of the pre-construction information required by regulation and so far as it is within the Principal Designer’s control, prove pre-construction information, promptly and in a convenient form, to every designer and contractor appointed, or being considered for appointment, to the project.
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor for the duration of the Principal Designer’s appointment and share with the Principal Contractor information relevant to the planning, management and monitoring of the construction phase and the coordination of health and safety matters during the construction phase.
- Submit enquiry here
- Call us on - 020 7734 6655