Health and Safety Management Planning
A safety management system is a formal process to review the safety of your business, evaluate risks and make a plan to control them. Elements include training, communication, emergency response and measuring the effectiveness of the system.
The benefits of installing and maintaining an effective health and safety management system are widely recognised. However, developing the necessary systems to deliver these improvements are often not fully understood. The full understanding and the correct discharging of your responsibilities is fundamental to the successful management of health and safety in any business. To ensure your business, projects and workplaces are suitably protected, Derisk can help manage your risk to ensure you are fully compliant and improve your performance.
Derisk offer our Clients comprehensive:
- Health and safety consultancy and health checks.
- Construction safety service.
- Premises safety management and audit services.
Integrated Management Systems
We are experts in the development and implementation of management systems designed to meet the requirements of internationally recognised standards. We can create new systems for your business or enhance existing systems, improving your operational capabilities and giving you a competitive edge.
Putting a safety management system into place can also provide a cost benefit to your company. The system ensures regulatory compliance, so fines and other costs associated with non-compliance are reduced or eliminated. Reducing liability and risk in the workplace also aides in lowering insurance claims and premiums.
We offer the development of management systems and see them through to full accreditation with ongoing maintenance and auditing to the following standards:
- HSG (65) Audits - Measuring Health and Safety Performance.
- BS EN ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management).
- BS EN ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management).
- BS EN ISO 45001:2019 (Occupational Health and Safety Management).
These provide a clear and formal process to review the safety of your business, evaluating the risks and planning to control them. Elements include training, communication, emergency response and measuring the effectiveness of the system.
Safety Audits and Inspections
We regularly assist our Clients with comprehensive health and safety audits and inspections across various portfolios of projects including Construction, Infrastructure, Retail & FMCG, and Rail. We can offer bespoke inspections, utilising if required, electronic databases making our visits compatible with business management monitoring systems.
Derisk can carry out a number of different safety audits depending on your specific requirements.
These audits include:
- Health and safety compliance auditing.
- Safety Tour audit.
- Health and safety management auditing.
- Project Quality & Environmental auditing.
- Site Safety Inspections.
We specialise in providing comprehensive reports that add real value to our Clients, whilst ensuring they have robust records of our site / business monitoring. Gap analysis / legal compliance auditing is also available from our proactive safety and risk management practitioners.
Some of the inspections and audits that we conduct are:
- Security to DfT-mandated specifications, including rail.
- Workplace health and safety audits.
- Premises / facilities / site safety inspections.
- Accompanied senior management safety tours.
- Health and safety management system audits.
- Project health, safety, security and environmental auditing or inspection (HSSE).
Specialist Bid Support
With a strong commercial understanding of how reducing your risk profile can attract Clients, we are able to support you and your commercial team on the production of tender documentation and attend Client meetings as your specialist advisor.
This process involves desktop studies of contractor submissions, followed by a physical audit of their operational capabilities. This methodical approach ensures that you are not exposing your business to unnecessary risk from the use of contractors who do not share your standards or commitment to safe delivery.
- Retained health and safety advice
- Project Management Health and Safety Support and Project Review
- Safety Advisor Support / Secondment
- Contractor Vetting