Legionella bacteria can proliferate in the built environment and cause Legionnaire’s disease.
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR) require certain procedures for controlling health and safety at work with regards to water safety.
The requirements include the following:
- Identifying sources of risk.
- Putting into place suitable control measures to reduce the risks.
- Implementing and managing control schemes and appointing a responsible person.
- Keeping adequate records and checking that what is being done is effective.
Derisk can assist by providing the following services:
- Compliance reviews of policies, procedures, and instructions
- Providing L8 compliant risk assessments
Our assessors report their findings detailing recommendations and control measures to be applied.
By taking a proactive approach and assessing your facilities with Derisk, you can prevent exposure concerns to staff and stakeholders.